This article has expired. Please visit the OneCloud Knowledge Base for the latest documentation.
The OneCloud box BizApp enables OneCloud to interact with box drives to perform various tasks such as upload, download, move, search and delete files as well as create and delete folders and fetch the file and folder URLs.
For documentation on all available commands, see the box Command Reference.
Need a specialized command for box?
If there are specific operations that your company is looking to perform with box, please contact [email protected] to discuss the requirements and we would be happy to consider incorporating the capability into OneCloud.
The service account app client ID
The service account app client secret
The service account decrypted RSA key
The service account enterprise ID
The following will create a Service Account integration for box
- In the developer console for your box account, select Create New App > Custom App.
- When prompted to choose an authentication method, select OAuth 2.0 with JWT (Server Authentication).
- Set Authentication Method is set to OAuth 2.0 with JWT (Server Authentication).
- Set Application Access is set to Enterprise.
- Set Add and Manage Public Keys includes the generated public key (see below section for creating an RSA key pair and manually add key).
- Please follow the instructions for box admin console help and ensure Custom Application includes your application with All Users in access.
You can generate the necessary RSA key pair using the openssl utility. The below commands show you how to generate the correct key pair. The output file called private.pem is the private key that you'll add to your box BizApp connection in OneCloud. The public.pem file is the public key that you'll add to your box app configuration in the developer page for box.
openssl genrsa -out private.pem 2048 openssl rsa -in private.pem -outform PEM -pubout -out public.pem
- Set the clientID to the client ID found in the Configuration > OAuth 2.0 Credentials page for your box app
- Set the clientSecret to the client secret found in the Configuration > OAuth 2.0 Credentials page for your box app
- Set the clientKey to the value generated in private.pem
- Set the enterpriseID to the enterprise ID found in the General page for your box app
Updated 6 days ago