This article has expired. Please visit the OneCloud Knowledge Base for the latest documentation.
A simple way to load Salesforce Data to Anaplan is to use a Salesforce Custom Report. This approach avoids having to write complex SOQL queries to combine data together from one or more Salesforce Objects.
In this tutorial, you will fetch the data of a simple Salesforce report called "Opportunity Report" using the account details from the prior step where you created the Salesforce connection. This report is a tabular report that combines three Salesforce objects including Opportunity, Account, and Contact.
- From OneCloud Home select the DEV environment.
- Add a new Chain and name it "Upload Salesforce Report to Anaplan".
- Add the first Command and select Salesforce-->Download Report operation.
(Hint: use the Find tool to search for "Salesforce" and then search for "Download Report".)
- Add the Command by dragging on to the pallet.
- Select the new Command and drag it to the Start. The Chain Start will show a plus icon indicating that you can use that command as the start of the Chain.
- Name the command: "Salesforce Opportunity Report".
- Copy and paste the following 18-digit Report ID:
Note: The best way to find a Salesforce Report ID, is to look at the URL of the report. Please visit Salesforce's documentation for additional information.
- Add a second command to the Chain.
- Select the Anaplan Upload Command.
(Hint: use the Find tool to search for "Anaplan" and then search for "Upload File".)
- Connect the "Execute Query" Command to the "Upload File".
- Edit the Command "Upload File".
- Name the Command "Upload to Anaplan".
- Set the Workspace parameter to the variable "anaplan-workspace". (select from variable list)
- Set the Model parameter to the variable "anaplan-model". (select from variable list)
- Set the Server file parameter to "Salesforce Opportunity Report".
- Set the Source file parameter to the Response from the "Salesforce Opportunity Report" Command "Custom Report CSV". (select from variable list)
- Set the Header records to "1".
- Save the Command.
Before the Chain can be run, it needs to be published. Publishing is an import feature in OneCloud that enables Chains to be edited and only when they are ready are they actually published to run the commands.
- Publish the chain and then click Execute to run the Chain.
Learn more about publishing a Chain.
- View the interactive outputs.
- Login to Anaplan and find the Import Data Source "Salesforce Opportunity Report".
Updated about a month ago